There’s a reason spring is synonymous with sales. Retailers across the board are clearing stock from the past season by doubling down on deals, attracting shoppers flush with cash from refunds.
"A wide seasonal inventory shift collides with tax refunds, offering March shoppers very timely savings on high-quality personal items," says Brent Shelton, online shopping expert for FatWallet.com. "Consumers will find some the lowest prices ever on last year's winter clothing, electronics, mobile devices and outdoor sports gear this month."
According to FatWallet.com, the best savings in March are on:
– Televisions in demand last year will be pushed to clearance as newer models with 4K technology hit the shelves. Shoppers can also expect to save up to 40 percent on Bluetooth media devices, smart home technology and DSLR cameras.
– Newly released Android phones, tablets, wearables and virtual reality technology will result in a fire sale of last year’s models, as cell phone brands and carriers market discounts. During this time, shoppers can expect to save hundreds on older smartphones, tablets, and even smartwatches.
• Sports Gear
– Seasonal sports equipment will be on sale all month, with some of the lowest prices of the year seen on hockey, hunting, ice-fishing and skiing gear. Bicycles of last’s year make will also be discounted, as well as collegiate and professional team apparel.
– Last-minute Spring Break packages and March Madness hotel deals will be available early in the month. Later on, first-come travelers will see summer vacation deals and luggage savings.
• Winter Clothing
– A selection of top-brand outerwear from retailers like Columbia, Land’s End, Patagonia and REI will be available at outlet prices, with some merchandise up to 80 percent off. Big-box retailers, such as Target, will also offer savings with extended seasonal clearances.
Published with permission from RISMedia.